Citrus Braised Chicken & Potatoes
Easy weeknight meal using your Instant Pot®
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: approx. 8 min PLUS time it takes to come to pressure and NPR | Serves: 6
- 24 oz. 1-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes, (Recipe favorite: Ruby Sensation)
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ c. low-sugar apricot jam
- ¾ c. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in Instant Pot® and set on sauté mode. Brown the chicken in batches, adding more oil if needed.
In small bowl, combine apricot jam, orange juice, lemon juice, red wine, brown sugar. Layer the potatoes, chicken and sauce in pot. Close lid, set to sealing and set for manual high pressure for 8 minutes. When done cooking, do a Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes. Release pressure. Remove chicken and place on serving dish tented with aluminum foil to keep it warm. Combine cornstarch and water. Turn to sauté, add cornstarch and water mixture and stir until sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes). Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.
Serve on a bed of fresh greens, if desired.