Creamy Green Potato Salad
Recipe Courtesy of: Lisa Golden Schroeder, cookbook author, editor and blogger at fooddesigns
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 4-6
- 16 oz. 1- or 2-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes, halved (Recipe favorites: Ruby Sensation or Sunburst Blend)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. (4 oz.) fresh sugar snap peas, halved or 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ c. packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 medium lime, juiced or 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- Salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
Place potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until just tender. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cool water.
Meanwhile, chop the herbs and garlic together until very fine (or place them in a food chopper or processor). Mix with the lime juice and oil in a large bowl. Add the avocado; mash well with a fork until well blended with the herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper flakes.
Gently stir the potatoes into the avocado-herb dressing; serve at room temperature.
- Look for the dark-skinned Hass avocados that are grown in California to make this creamy dressing. Serve the salad at room temperature over baby spring salad greens or watercress—and if there are any leftovers, cover them carefully with plastic wrap and refrigerate no longer than a day, as the dressing will darken.