Crispy Potato Bombs
Recipe Courtesy of: Lisa Golden Schroeder, cookbook author, editor and blogger at fooddesigns
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 35 min | Serves: 10-12
Crispy Potato Bombs:
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 24 oz. 1-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorites: Honey Gold or Ruby Sensation)
- Impromptu Dipping Sauces (see below)
Impromptu Dipping Sauces:
- 1 container (8 oz.) hummus + 1/3 c. torn cilantro + 1 tsp. grated lemon peel + red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ c. hoisin sauce + 1/3 c. creamy peanut or almond butter + ¼ c. orange juice
- ½ c. ranch dressing + 2 tbsp. Korean gochujang hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce
- ½ c. mayonnaise + 3 tbsp. creamy country Dijon mustard + ½ tsp. dried dill
- ½ c. mayonnaise + ¼ c. ketchup + 1 tbsp. malt vinegar
Preheat the oven to 425-degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Beat egg and oil together with a fork in a shallow dish. Mix bread crumbs and garlic salt in a second shallow dish.
Dip potatoes in egg mixture, then into bread crumbs, coating well. Arrange on baking pan in even rows. Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and tender. Serve with picks, to dip into desired sauces.
- Mix ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese with ¾ cup bread crumbs for dredging the potatoes.
- As you dip the potatoes into the egg/oil mixture, drop them into the crumbs and use your hands to sprinkle the crumb mixture over the potatoes to be sure they get well coated. Lift them out without shaking off too much of the coating, so as they bake, they’ll have a nice crisp outer texture.
- Test the doneness of the potatoes by using the tip of a sharp paring knife; the blade should easily slide into the potatoes.