Energize Me Smoothie
Recipe Courtesy of: Cynthia Sass
This fresh and healthy recipe was created by nutritionist and Registered Dietitian Cynthia Sass. Sass is a three-time New York Times best-selling author, nutrition consultant to professional sports teams, well-known food and nutrition writer and columnist, nutrition and lifestyle expert.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Serves: 2
- 4 boiled or microwaved, chilled Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Honey Gold)
- 2 c. fresh spinach leaves
- 1 c. sliced banana (fresh or frozen)
- 4 medium kiwi, peeled (2 slices reserved)
- ½ c. chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Handful of ice, optional
- ¼ c. shredded or toasted flaked coconut
In blender, combine spinach, banana, kiwi, potatoes, chickpea flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, ginger and ice, if desired. Blend until smooth. Divide smoothie evenly between two glasses. Just before serving, garnish each with coconut and a slice of kiwi.