Northern Whitefish Boil
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: approx. 40 min | Serves: 3-4
- 4 c. water
- 3 cans (36 oz.) beer of choice
- ¼ c. salt
- 3 lb. Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Seafood Boilers Ruby Sensation)
- 4 medium yellow onions, halved
- 1 package (14 oz.) Polish sausage, cut into 3” pieces
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. whitefish or cod fillets, cut across into 4-inch or 5-inch sections
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
To a two gallon stockpot, add water, beer, salt, potatoes and onions; Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook for another 5 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Carefully place fish on top of potatoes and let cook, covered, until fish is done, about 6 minutes. Carefully remove fish fillet pieces with a slotted spoon and set aside on a covered plate. Drain liquid from potato, onion, sausage mixture and place on a serving platter. Add fish to serving platter and drizzle with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.
- You can substitute water, chicken broth or vegetable broth for the beer.