Patio Bruschetta Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of: Lisa Golden Schroeder, cookbook author, editor and blogger at fooddesigns
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 8
- 24 oz. Tasteful Selections® potatoes, halved lengthwise (Recipe favorites: Gold, Red or Sunset Fingerlings)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ c. finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 10 large pitted green olives, finely chopped
- ¾ c. cooked Great Northern or cannellini beans
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil and/or oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
Place the potatoes in a large pot; cover with water and add salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, olives, beans, garlic, herbs, oil and vinegar until well blended.
Arrange the cooked potatoes, cut-side up, on a serving plate. Top each one with a spoonful of the tomato mixture or allow diners to top the potatoes themselves, sprinkling each one with a bit of cheese if they’d like.
- For a crispy, browned finish to each potato, par-cook them in salted water for 10 minutes, then place them cut-side down around the edge of a hot grill if you’re cooking out on the patio.