Potato & Asparagus Pizza
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: approx. 15 min | Serves: 4
- Five 2-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. (½ lb.) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided or 1/3 c. red onions
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 ½ c. grated part skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (or 4 oz. cream cheese, thinly sliced)
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Place potatoes and salt in small saucepan. Bring to boil and boil until potatoes are tender, being careful not to overcook.
While potatoes are cooking, prep asparagus and green onions; set aside. Drain and cool potatoes. Once cooled, but potatoes into thin slices.
Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush garlic oil over dough/crust. Sprinkle ¾ of green onions over crust, then add mozzarella, leaving ½-inch plain border. Top with potato slices and goat cheese. Toss asparagus, fresh ground pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in medium bowl. Scatter asparagus over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake pizza until crust is browned and asparagus is tender, about 15-18 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Cut into pieces and serve.