Potato Sunset Sauté
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 8
- 24 oz. 2-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes, halved or quartered (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced in ½-inch slices
- 1 lb. turnips or rutabaga, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or (1 tsp. dry thyme)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Optional Garnish: fresh thyme, chopped
Combine all ingredients except water and butter in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet or wide 3-6 quart heavy pot and toss with oil to coat.
Saute’ on medium high heat until some sides of the vegetables are browned, about 8 minutes.
Add water to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover skillet tightly and simmer vigorously over moderate heat until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Transfer vegetables with a slotted spoon to a platter, discarding thyme sprigs. Boil remaining liquid 1 minute. Remove from heat and add butter and thyme, stirring until butter is incorporated. Pour sauce over vegetables.