Shrimp Topped Creamy Potato Leek Pizza
Recipe Courtesy of: Laurie Lufkin
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 4
- 7 Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. thinly sliced leeks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. (about 8 c.) baby spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. milk
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 lb. pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- Cornmeal for sprinkling pizza peel
- 18-20 large (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. shredded four cheese blend pizza cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Move oven rack to the bottom third of the oven. Place pizza stone on rack and preheat oven and stone to 475-degrees. In a small pot, cover potatoes with cold water. Add ½ teaspoon salt to water and bring to a boil. Boil approximately 7 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender, and drain. Set aside and cool to the touch before slicing into ¼-inch rounds. Set aside.
In a large skillet, combine olive oil, leeks and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sauté over medium-low heat until translucent, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside. Add spinach to hot pan and sauté until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside until cool enough to handle. When cool, squeeze out excess liquid until nearly dry and set aside.
In the meantime, combine cream cheese, milk, thyme and salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl.
Sprinkle a pizza peel (or the back side of a rimmed baking sheet if peel is unavailable) with cornmeal to cover and stretch pizza dough to form the crust.
Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and top with sautéed leek and garlic mixture. Layer on the drained spinach and the cheese, and then artfully place the sliced potatoes on top of the cheese. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Remove the pizza from the oven, add the shrimp and continue cooking an additional 8 minutes. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Allow pizza to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.