Simple Tuna Nicoise Salad
Recipe Courtesy of: Amee Livingston
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: approx. 35 min | Serves: 4
- 16 oz. Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Honey Gold)
- 2 large, fresh sushi-quality tuna steaks
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- ¾ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- ¼ c. capers, drained
- 2/3 c. Kalamata olives (or Nicoise olives if you can find them)
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes
- 4 c. gourmet lettuce blend (or Boston Bibb lettuce – about 1 ½ heads torn into pieces)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (very good quality)
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander and run under cool water to stop the cooking process.
Peel, slice and set aside. Cook fresh green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until crisp tender. Transfer immediately to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Add potatoes to the boiling water and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain in a colander and set aside. Rub tuna steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and sear tuna for two minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips. Arrange all ingredients between four large plates or bowls (or you can make this on one large platter) and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper and enjoy.