Smashed Red Potatoes
Red potato recipes make delicious homemade meals. Learn how to cook red potatoes with this twist on the traditional mashed potato recipe.
- 2 packages (24 oz. each) Tasteful Selections® potatoes, quartered
- ½ c. reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ c. finely chopped shallots
- ¼ c. fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp. low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, shallots, parsley, milk, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
Drain the potatoes and crush—but do not completely mash—potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.