- 24 oz. Tasteful Selections® potatoes
- 3 c. vegetable stock
- 4 large plum tomatoes, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (7 oz). chipotle in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ c. crumbled queso fresco
Place potatoes, salt and stock in a large, heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook potatoes until almost fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, place tomatoes, onion, garlic and chipotle in blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed, about 30-60 seconds. Pour chipotle mixture into boiled potatoes. Simmer over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, until potatoes are very tender.
Season soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro and queso fresco.