Peanut Butter Bacon Sweet Potato Bites
Recipe Courtesy of: Lisa Golden Schroeder, cookbook author, editor and blogger at fooddesigns
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 10
- 20 oz. Tasteful Selections® Mini Sweet Potatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 slices thick-cut uncured bacon, sliced crosswise into ½-inch pieces
- ½ c. creamy peanut or almond butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Honey (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425-degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Arrange potato slices on pans; brush with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes, or until tender; cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp. Drain well.
Top each potato slice with a dab of peanut butter, a bit of crumbled bacon, and a sprinkle of green onion and thyme, if you’d like. Drizzle with some honey, if desired.
- Trim just the very tips of each potato, then begin slicing them into rounds—be sure to keep them thick enough so they can be easily picked up after baking and topping.
- To keep the potatoes from being too messy, let them cool for a little while before spreading with the nut butter. And you can offer a small dish or jar of honey and allow everyone to spoon (or squeeze from a honey bottle) a little bit on each bite.