Saucy Macaroni & Potato Meatballs
Recipe Courtesy of: Lisa Golden Schroeder, cookbook author, editor and blogger at fooddesigns
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Serves: 6
- 16 oz. 1 or 2-Bite Tasteful Selections® potatoes, halved (Recipe favorites: Honey Gold or Ruby Sensation)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. uncooked macaroni or wagon wheel pasta
- 8 oz. bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 ½ c. marinara sauce
- Grated parmesan and chopped flat-leaf parsley, as desired
Place the potatoes in a large pot; cover with water and add salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta; continue cooking for about 10 minutes longer or until the potatoes and pasta are tender. Drain and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, cook sausage and zucchini in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and zucchini is tender. Spoon into the pot with the potatoes and pasta.
Stir in the marinara sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve in bowls with Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
- For a kid-friendly, nutritious noodle bowl, leave 1-Bite potatoes whole for truly realistic “pretend” meatballs and stir in other shredded vegetables, like carrots or kale, with the zucchini to boost the good-for-you quotient.