Quick & Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
- 2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 small bone-in chicken breasts (2 lbs.), skin removed
- ½ c. flour
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 24 oz. Tasteful Selections® potatoes
- ¾ c. frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 c. baby carrots
- ¾ c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. baby bella or white mushrooms
- Fresh thyme (optional)
Combine the Herbs de Provence, garlic salt and pepper on a dinner plate. Spoon flour onto second dinner plate. Coat each chicken breast in the herb mixture, then dredge well in flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side). Cook chicken in two batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan.
Place chicken in a large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients, except fresh thyme. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Chop fresh thyme and sprinkle on before serving, if desired.