Purple Passion Smoothie
Recipe Courtesy of: Cynthia Sass, Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian
Sass is a three-time New York Times best-selling author, nutrition consultant to professional sports teams, well-known food and nutrition writer and columnist, nutrition and lifestyle expert.
Prep Time: 8 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Serves: 2
- 4 boiled or microwaved, chilled Tasteful Selections® potatoes (Recipe favorite: Purple Passion)
- 2 c. chopped kale
- 1 ½ c. frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 c. frozen pitted cherries
- 1 c. chickpea flour
- ¼ c. almond butter
- 2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Handful of ice, optional
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
In blender combine kale and all but 6-8 of the blueberries, along with the cherries, potatoes, chickpea flour, almond butter, almond milk, cinnamon, ginger and ice (if desired). Blend until smooth. Divide smoothie evenly between two glasses. Just before serving, garnish each with remaining blueberries and fresh mint.